We have produced the copy for the majority of Wiley’s Essential Knowledge Briefings (EKBs) in the area of microscopy and spectroscopy, as well as working with Wiley to define the original concept and structure for the briefings. These 5000-word guides to the latest techniques, applications and equipment used in analytical science are written in an accessible style, modelled after feature articles in popular science magazines such as New Scientist.
JES Editorial has written seven of the EKBs that have been published so far. The titles of these EKBs are:
- Super-resolution microscopy
- Correlative light and electron microscopy
- Light-sheet microscopy
- Energy dispersive spectroscopy
- Electron backscatter diffraction
- Electron probe microanalysis
- Focused ion beam nanofabrication.
EKBs are intended to provide a readable introduction to these analytical techniques for scientists working in both academia and industry, and can be downloaded for free at www.essentialknowledgebriefings.com.Read More